Engage! & Coventry – a “City of Rugby” www.cityofrugby.org.
Coventry - a “City of Rugby” is an initiative to promote rugby and its core values within the City, with the objective of making Coventry one of the leading cities in the world for every level of the sport by 2023 (rugby’s 200th anniversary). It is a formal collaboration between all organisations in the city that have an interest in the game.
Engage! has been commissioned by the City of Rugby Steering Group to undertake the strategic co-ordinaton of the City of Rugby initiative, working closely with all key partners listed below and acting as the independent guardian of the City of Rugby strategy with the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and Rugby Football League (RFL).
- Rugby Football Union (RFU)
- Rugby Football League (RFL)
- Warwickshire RFU
- Coventry Rugby Club
- Wasps Rugby Club
- Coventry Bears
- Coventry Sports Foundation / Coventry Sports Trust
- Coventry Schools Rugby
- Local rugby clubs
- Educational representative
- Coventry City Council / Coventry Sports Network
- University of Warwick
- Coventry University
- C&W Chamber of Commerce
- Premiership Rugby
These organisations will work together to form a coherent framework for the development of rugby at all levels.
As a City of Rugby, Coventry aims to:
1. Inspire more people regularly to take part in rugby or adapted formats of the game.
2. Implement coherent and co-ordinated structures for participation, coaching and development.
3. Increase the number of qualified and experienced club and community rugby coaches, volunteers and referees.
4. Identify and support gifted and talented rugby players to reach their playing potential.
5. Ensure that all of the city’s rugby facilities are modern, of high quality and accessible.
6. Develop performance rugby and attract high profile rugby events to the city
7. Promote rugby in the city through effective rugby partnerships and communications.
8. Make Coventry a better place to live, work, study and visit.
Discover more at: www.cityofrugby.org.