To improve the educational and social development of school-age children, with a particular focus on those who are disengaged or excluded.
This objective is focused on school-age children and seeks to use rugby and rugby values to improve educational performance and social behaviour, particularly amongst children who have become disengaged or are facing exclusion from mainstream education.
Engage! will work with schools and other agencies to design and deliver a range of curricular, cross-curricular and extra-curricular programmes that combine physical activity with innovative educational approaches.
School-age children and young people:
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Free schools
- Further education colleges
- Pupil referral units
- Supplementary schools
- Home schooling
- Social care
- Six-week progressive curriculum programmes
- Extra-curricula school clubs
- Lunch time behaviour improvement programmes
- Specialist multi-sport / educational camps
- Homework clubs hosted at community venues / clubs
- Improvements in behaviour and playground manner
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Respect for adults and peers
- Renewed interest in learning and education
- Improved school grades
- Improved school attendance and punctuality